Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:15:27 PDT
From: "mrakijas" <mrakijas@oco.net >
To: <scoug-help@scoug.com >
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Non IBM Internet Dialers

Content Type: text/plain

From: "Steven Levine"
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 09:06:24 PDT

>In
><200111061939546.SM01236@dialup-63.212.137.49.dial1.losangeles1.l

evel3.net>,
>on 11/06/01
> at 07:39 PM, Michael Rakijas said:

>>AT&T dialer doesn't appear to allow connection to other ISPs,

you need to
>>know how to get the original linkup.exe, not the fooled one, to

work with

>TTBOMK, there is only one linkup.exe. However, it can be

configured.

>>negotiation to accommodate it. If it's the former, you should

be able to
>>add a connection to IBM's linkup.exe that let's you add the

phone number

>Linkup does not do connection configuration. :-) All it does is

wait for
>connections to be made.
>
>>I'm sorry if I'm on the wrong track here but I hope this helps.
>
>Get the number of that train. :-)

It seemed to me that Harry had sufficiently fixed his problem to
get his AT&T connection up and working. Yet, he was still asking
questions about getting alternate connections up through the
normal or AT&T dialer (I had discounted the possibility that he
wanted slippm.exe since so few ISP use SLIP, see his text above).
I inferred that he needed to get a configuration that allowed him
to switch between two ISPs where one of them was AT&T. The
solution, seems to me, is to either switch between the dialers,
which he's already taken a step in the direction of with his
trickery, or to get both connections working with one setup -
either the AT&T dialer or the IBM one. My lack of precision in
distinguishing between linkup and dialup is an error but I plead
on the somewhat muddled distinction between the two unless you use
something like InJoy. Linkup/dialer, the combination, will
normally let you configure as many different connections as you
choose to define - unfortunately for Harry, the AT&T one he wants
doesn't seem to conform to what is normally accommodated with
IBM's setup.

>>> The only way I can do it now is to trick it, as explained
>>> above.

I was only trying to help Harry figure out how to either trick it
further or get the connections up that he wants. Can you suggest
an alternative for him so that he can get the connections he
wants?

>>> HCM
>
>>-Rocky

>"Steven Levine" MR2/ICE 2.29g #10183